Lately, we’ve been experiencing a rather unfortunate series of events in our household. Over the course of a few days, both of our dogs have displayed multiple symptoms of digestive upset, which has required a lot of clean-up by their humans. Unfortunately, with K’s epic pregnancy gag reflex, this has resulted in a domino effect that goes something like this:
- Young dog starts heaving.
- K tries to scuttle her onto hardwood or tile for easier clean-up.
- Young dog vomits.
- Old dog tries to eat said vomit.
- K tries to shoo the old dog away while trying not to barf.
- K tries to clean up the mess while trying not to barf.
- K starts heaving.
- K runs to the bathroom.
- K vomits.
- I clean up the initial mess.
- Rinse and repeat.
Meanwhile, I’ve been dealing with a lot of abdominal pain and nausea for the past several days, so I’m not in the bet state either. I swear, we’re being puked out of house and home.